Friday, June 25, 2010

Rhubarb Relish

This week in the Preserving Patch kitchen I made a batch of Rhubarb Relish. It's a very easy recipe that someone gave me, with just rhubarb, onion, vinegar, sugar, curry powder and a bit of seasoning. Great with cheese and bread for lunch. My rhubarb is looking a bit sad in the garden at the moment with the onset of winter but I still found plenty to make a double quantity. Last weekend I planted onion seedlings sticking to the old rule - plant on the shortest day, harvest on the longest day. There is still plenty of variety to choose from in the vege patch - broccoli, bok choy, leek, parsnip, fennel, carrot, beetroot, lettuce, silver beet, cabbage, turnip, plus of course 4 different varieties of kale.I think I went a bit overboard with kale this year (had 5 varieties on the go at one stage) When will we ever get around to eating all the veges in the freezer as well as the pumpkins hanging in baskets under cover but out of possums' reach?

No comments: