Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A little break from the Patch kitchen and Happy 1st Birthday to this blog.

Last week, loaded up with home produce, I headed to Hobart for a few days to see my daughter. It was also an opportunity to try out a few delicacies of the south and to visit the new MONA museum.
Salamanca Market is a must for anyone visiting Hobart on Saturdays and while there I bought some cheese from two stalls, Bruny Island Cheese and Grandvewe Cheeses.
Bruny Island Cheese make a very strong flavoured washed rind cheese wrapped in vine leaves called OEN. I had to share it with my daughter so this is what made it home. It is wrapped in plastic wrap so that it doesn't smell the fridge out!  From Grandvewe Cheese I tried some Primavera, a Manchego style sheep's cheese (which tasted nothing like the Manchego I made late last year) and some beautiful Persian style Feta also made from sheep's milk. On a slice of sourdough bread - what more could you want for lunch before hours of walking around the fabulous MONA museum.

1620 individual paintings make up Sidney Nolan's Snake and until David Walsh build a museum to put them in, they have probably been just sitting in piles in a storeroom for 40 years. Well worth a visit for anyone coming to Tasmania. I spent 3 hours doing lots of walking around with the "O" iPod  to guide me and still missed some of the artworks.
I can't believe it is one year ago today that I first started writing this blog.....visitors from 63 countries, 3300 page views by 1337 individuals have visited. Thank you to all my visitors.

No comments: