Friday, March 4, 2011

Zucchini and more Zucchini

Amazingly, because this summer was virtually non existent, I haven't had the huge huge glut of zucchini that I normally get. However I have still been getting a few so this weekend I decided to put down a few jars of zucchini pickles. I have 2 recipes. One is by Sally Wise and comprises zucchini, onion, capsicum soaked in a salty brine then brought to the boil in some vinegar spiced with mustard and bay leaf. It is really easy to make and tastes great.
The second recipe is one by Maggie Beer. It involves finely chopping zucchini, onion and lemon peel and salting them overnight. Bring to the boil in vinegar spiced with chilli, mustard and turmeric. The lemon adds a lovely flavour to this pickle so it is worth the extra bit of chopping required.
Ready for the cupboard

No comments: